Ashtons Live View is a unique online recording and communication tool that has transformed medicines management in our client hospices and has dramatically reduced medication errors. In the first two years of use, our monitoring has shown Live View has brought about a 40% fall in the number of medication errors among our client hospices.
But Live View is not just a communication tool, it is a multi-functional online resource for medicines management, unique in the UK. The Live View homepage gives access to a wealth of clinical information, and this will soon be expanded to include two new sections encompassing resources for palliative care: ‘Palliative Care Resources’ and ‘Scottish Palliative Care Guidelines’.
Coming soon – new Scottish Palliative Care Guidelines section
This new section will provide access to the Scottish Palliative Care Guidelines. These guidelines are written by a multidisciplinary group of healthcare professionals working in all settings in Scotland. They are updated regularly and provide a simple and accessible resource as an addition to local guidelines you may use. They cover all the usual areas of pain and symptom management along with some clear and practical medicines information.
The contributors remind us that they are guidelines and that all clinical decisions need to be individualised.
Coming soon – new Palliative Care Resources section
We will also soon be offering you access to some peer reviewed information sheets on medicines and symptom control. These include a dose conversion guide for opioids, some specific product information sheets and some patient information leaflets.
We have redesigned the Live View homepage to make accessing all the features and resources as easy as possible. Other information and resources available from Live View are:
- The Ashtons Formulary – a comprehensive tool to help select an evidence-based choice of medicine
- MaPPs (A Medication and Patient Profile summary) – a unique system which creates a profile summary of each patient’s medication
- Choice and Medication – an online information resource for mental health conditions and treatment
- Access to the British National Formulary (BNF) online via NICE
- Clinical guideline libraries providing the latest significant guidance and alerts from NICE, the MHRA and the NHS
- Access to the NEWT guidelines for administration of medication to patients with swallowing difficulties or enteral feeding tubes
- NEW Mental Health Act resources providing guidance and access to the Mental Health Act Codes of Practice.
Live View also provides access to the latest electronic editions of this newsletter.
We are always looking for new ways to provide more high-quality information for you, and our latest development is no exception. For more details about Live View, please visit our Live View page.