From 31 March 2020 NHS and partner organisations are required to use modern communication methods instead of faxes, such as secure email, in order to comply with their information governance requirements and in a bid to improve patient safety and cyber security.
How do we swap to using secure email?
- Form a project team
- Review the number of existing NHS email accounts currently within the business
- Select shared emails for professionals where necessary and agree a management process with staff
- Remove fax numbers from stationery and media
- Fast, modern and efficient
- Clearer communication (cannot be sent upside down!)
- Reduction in wasted staff time spent faxing
- Reduction in missing requests thanks to secure data transfer and audit trail
- Improved data security
- Reduced running costs
Ashtons have set up a secure NHS email that can be used to scan and send orders – please refer to your Pharmacy Information Folder for advice on placing orders.