Advance planning for flu vaccination clinics has become an important part of patient care. The flu vaccination delivered in the following year provides vulnerable patients with protection against the strands of flu that are going to be the most prevalent over the next year. This is even more important this year, as hospitals deal with both the threat of flu and COVID-19.
Current situation and updated list of who should have the vaccine
There is currently a national drive to increase the uptake of flu vaccinations, to reduce pressure on the NHS across the winter, during the COVID-19 pandemic. Healthcare staff and people with certain health risk factors are the current focus for flu vaccination and this list has been recently expanded to include other people at risk. These include:
- Anyone living in a long-term care facility
- Frontline health and social care workers
- The main carer for a dependent elderly or disabled person
- Anyone aged 50 or over
- Pregnant women
- People who live with someone who’s at high risk from coronavirus (on the NHS shielded patient list)
- Anyone with a long-term medical condition, such as cardiac or respiratory disease, kidney or liver disease, diabetes, neurological conditions, learning disability or those who are seriously overweight
Please refer to the online ‘Green Book of Immunisation’ – chapter 19 – for more guidance or updates from the NHS.
How to order
The flu vaccine for the 2021/2022 season is available to pre-order from Ashtons now, for both your patients and your staff. The vaccines are made to order so ordering now allows us to pre-book your stock with the manufacturer when we place our order, as there may be limited allocation from the suppliers.
Order should be placed via our flu vaccine pre-order form. All orders will be supplied on a first come, first served basis and the vaccines will be dispatched and invoiced in Autumn 2021. Our Customer Services team will contact you upon receipt of the vaccines to confirm your requirements and make arrangements for delivery.
For more information and to access a pre-order form, please contact Customer Services on 0345 222 3550 or email@example.com